A blog about learning go and learning computer go. A go beginner tries to improve his game and use their software engineering skills to build a computer go player. Entries about their go reading, computer go reading, go playing, go improvement, go concepts (seki, ko, miai, etc) and progress building the computer go player.

Monday, May 23, 2005

GNU Go wins

For the first time ever I won a couple of games against GNU Go with only 2 stones handicap. Of course, now I've boasted about it I'll have a run of bad luck.

I'm certainly getting better, but I'm not entirely sure which of my go-related activities is having the big effect, whether it's playing in person (which I'm doing once every week or two at a local go club), playing against bots (mainly GNU Go and igowin), studing go gome (which I haven't done much of for a couple of weeks), playing against real people (maybe two games twice a week) or even reading computer go related papers and planning my own system. Probably a combination of all of them.

GNU Go: http://www.gnu.org/software/gnugo/gnugo.html

igowin / Many faces of go http://www.netcom.com/~fotland/manyfaces.html

No comments: